Wednesday, May 18, 2011

R.I.P. Awesome BMX Bicycle Of Mine. 2009-2011. I will miss you . . .

R.I.P. 2009 - 2011.

    Beloved BMX bicycle of mine that I have cherished for years, today . . . we part ways.  

    Today, BMX riding dies once and for all in my life.  It's a sad, strange, and hard thing for me to admit, but it's true.  I don't believe that I will ever again be into BMX.  I've had one too many stitches and surgeries thanks to BMX.  I love(d) it while it lasted (since I can recall breathing) but I can't really risk smashing myself to death anymore.  One reason is due to lack of insurance, so if I get hurt, I'm done for.  And two, I'd like to focus more on getting in good overall shape.  Hence this bike being traded for some truly awesome road bikes that I plan to ride to death.
    That's right, today, a new era in my bike life begins.  I'm trading my beastly BMX bike off to FIVE road bikes!  EXCITING.  A Kabuki, a Fuji, a Schwinn Voyager, a Windsor, and a Concord Pro 2.  All awesome bikes.  Armed with these, I'm hoping to have some super bike rides with friends reminiscent of "Whitesburg Bike Punx," but of course minus the original cast and crew of perfection.
    We'll see what happens.  I'm hoping for the best.  I'm excited, I'm happy, but I'm also a little sad seeing my bike leave along with a lifelong thus far era of my life.  Here's to it.


-Matt

2 comments:

  1. Too bad. Would be kwl to see your face smashed to pieces.

    Bring your bikes to the Netherlands sometime though! Great biking fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super sad, should of saved that bike......

    ReplyDelete