Thursday, May 19, 2011

Honest Abe, that buzta ain't be dead.

I'm a' honest man
I'm a' honest lover
Stand by my word
Don't know no other 
 
    I've been riding one of  my new bikes around Taylor all morning, the lovely blue mid-80's Fuji that I'm loving.  I'm riding around, hoping that the 50% chance of precipitation doesn't strike like a cobra and destroy me, my bike, my camera, and my laptop.  Maybe a dumb move, probably a brave one, nevertheless I'm going up against it full force, no hesitation.  The Fuji is one of the five beauties that I acquired yesterday by trading my BMX bike off to a man from Romeo Michigan.  Was it an even trade?  I feel as though it was, but honestly I don't really care if it was or not, I'm loving these bikes and I'm sure whoever rides them with me in the future will too.  Here's an awful shot of the bike I took to show one of my friends.  I'm sure better pictures that involve my bikes are in store for the future, but for the moment, I'm sure that this one shall suffice:

RAD.
    Yep, that's it.  Nice, right?  Right.  Anyways, getting back on topic, I am the living embodiment of Abraham Lincoln in his prime of honesty.  Why?  Because of this:

HONESTY.

    I stopped by Starbucks to grab some tea and get online for a bit, so of course I'm going to put my money on a card first since it gets you free refills and other stuff like that.  I walk up to the counter, give the lady my card, hand her a $10 and say "I wanna put $10 on my card."  She says "Alright," and finishes the job.  I get my tea and have a seat.
    I open my laptop, get online, and check my balance to see how close I am to moving up in rank to get cooler stuff (1 purchase, for the record).  I notice that I have $17.93 as a remaining balance and I previously had a balance of nothing, zero dollars, zero cents and I had just given the woman a $10.  So instead of having $7.93 left, I had an additional $10.  A mistake, obviously.  She gave me $20 in credit instead of the $10 I had paid for.  Normally this would be a cool situation for a bad guy, but I'm a good guy.  I inform the lady, and to help her out even further, I go ahead and give her the other $10 since I'm sure that I'll end up drinking it up at some point in time anyways.  Honesty at its finest.
    I ended up landing a free cup of tea for it all, not $10 worth of tea, more around $0.53 worth of tea, but oh well.  It felt good and it was a nice gesture.  Detroit isn't full of assholes, thieves, murderers, and junkies.  I'm proof, so come and visit.  Detroit is cool.


-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment