Saturday, May 7, 2011

REST IN PEACE: French "Infant Jesus Of Prague" Marigold, You Are Dead Now.

Rest in peace, young nigga, there's a heaven for a G. (yeah I know there's a typo on the picture, it was a copy/paste, I left its charm.)

    Yes, you read that right . . . FIJOPM is dead. Meaning that the flower battle of the millennium is over with and by default Red "Just Cause" Zinnia is the winner.  No, I'm not going to get excited about it or anything like that, this is tragic.  My heart is broken and I'm sure that some of you out there are crying your eyes out.  Too bad those tears wont revive little ole FIJOPM.  I'm just going to . . . ignore this.  There will be a new flower battle though, you can count on that.  It might be some sort of watermelon grow off or a white pumpkin weight competition, who knows, maybe I'll ask for recommendations.  So, does anyone have any recommendations as to what the next competition should be?  If you do, leave it in a comment.
    I'm sure that you're now wondering "What the hell happened to FIJOPM?"  Well, it isn't what you're thinking.  I didn't forget to water him or anything like that.  This is what happened.  I was moving all of my plants (I have a lot of them) that are all in tiny plastic cups with dirt in them.  I was moving them to a windowsill that the sun was hitting really well at the time.  I have around 10-15 cups, so instead of taking them one by one, I was trying to move them in bulk by clasping like 5 per hand, a finger in each, and them walking to the window.  This didn't work so well when you factor in the little blue trays that the war was being waged in.  I placed him down on the windowsill and . . . he fell.  Splattered everywhere.  It was graphic . . . Here's a gruesome shot of his dead body and innards splattered everywhere.  It's graphic, you've been warned:

DEATH.
    Harsh.  I'm done with this.  You will be miss French IJOP Marigold . . .

    And while I'm thinking about it, in regards to my last post, my little brother had a release note he'd like to share:

The focus is not so prime, but I can make out the shape of you. The Blurring says that you’re like me. So, I’ll tell you about these songs let out as miserable vulgarity, or vulnerable almost-humming.

It was a hotel room in Texas, and I wasn’t the only contributor; There was Machlyn Blair who gave a good humming vibration that cannot be singled out on the tape, and another boy with bright blond hair that would sometimes play the guitar for me on some of the more poppy-gone tracks.

The sounds here were all made of what was immediate in the air, and what was ready to expel from within. They are nothing profound, as I believe this kind of shouting and mess are common teenage expressions of self-flagellation, or fun. The jutting sections of this work, the ones with curses and harshness, I hope will not scratch at the sense and morality of any listener as they are a record of a kind of exorcism.

It was hard for me to allow the release of these recordings, and it barely excaped being handed over to Machlyn Blair for a memento of our trip to Austin. May the age I was, and it’s somewhat innocence, protect me from any harsh claims of faulty morals or spirit. Today, I am not so much able to bring up such monsters from the inner pool because they have mostly left me through times of outrageous letting go as is found in this one recorded instance of many.

These songs are for your interpretation, show the sky-dwellers that you have a heart that filters evil and recognizes the good, listen to a track completely and make it good even it is the worst thing you ever let in your ears. We will able with each other to help.

I hope to release more music soon, and am also working on some Hypnosis tapes for your self improvement, I promise they will contain no vulgarity of ill direction.

As Ever,
Tommy

    Iff you missed it last post, I finally released that cassette tape I was digitizing of my little brother.  It's honestly some of the best stuff I've heard in forever, all 20 tracks of it.  You can download the entire album for free, or you can use the option to throw him a dollar or two for it.  You can stream OR download the whole thing here:  http://tommyanderson.bandcamp.com/

Burn it up!


-Matt

4 comments:

  1. Write more good jams like that t-dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of FIJOPM is NSFW!!

    And Tommy is awesome. I put 5 dollars in his pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brutal FIJOPM picture, yes. Not suitable for children or work environments.

    Kitt, you are a gentlewoman, a sweetie pie, a baller, and all around awesome person. You're the first to actually throw some money his way, and you don't even know him! You're a true bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glory be to Kitt, you have made dreams true in my pocket and heart. Your good deed will not go unmet.

    May the Babies of Heaven drool on the dear Marigold FIJOPM, succoring it to the bloom of Heaven!

    If you think about it, the Marigold is probably already blooming in Heaven RIGHT NOW. I'd Love a picture of that.

    ReplyDelete