Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flower Fight: DAY #6. Plus old guys flying helicopters in my back yard? That rules.

Old guys with a crazy helicopter in the backyard next to me. They obviously know what's going on.
    Before we get into the flower battle, I'd just like to say that the neighbors to the right of me are awesome.  The old guy holding the remote control is the guy who lives there, I dunno where blue hat guy came from but I'm pretty sure he knows things about sweet helicopters like this one.  He walked around it a lot, putting out his hand here and there like he was absorbing to giving some kind of super natural energy.  Maybe he was high?  I don't know.  Probably.
    This was taken yesterday when I heard something like a vacuum cleaner / jet engine going crazy outside of my window.  I jumped up to see what was going on since that sound really isn't something that is common.  I see these two guys testing out the sweetest, craziest looking helicopter I've ever seen in my whole life.  There is what seems to be some kinda jet-like engine on the back, you can see it a little bit on the tail (gold-ish colored cylinder).  I couldn't figure out how it was powered.  There were no blades attached on the top of the helicopter, that's what made me assume they were testing things since where they should have been was spinning like a vortex.  This thing looked serious.  Loud, fast, and fo' real.  I wanted to see it take off so bad, but no dice!  Maybe in the future, and if so, expect a video.  I'm jealous of this thing, I want one.  It looks awesome.  It would undoubtedly land me in jail somehow if I had one though, I have a gut feeling.

    Flower talk!  The war wages on.  Zinnia is still killing it although the marigolds are forces to be reckoned with in the height department.  First to bloom?  WHO KNOWS.  The Zinnias have 10 sprouts!  The Marigolds have 5!  Here's what my garden is looking like thus far.  Tons of cups starting out seedlings!

A fraction of the future garden, hanging tightly in my windowsill.
And a few angles of the contenders. 
French "Infant Jesus of Prague" Marigold on the left and Red "Just Cause" Zinnia on the right. 
    So, who do you think will win and why?

    OH YEAH!  And by the morning, I'll have new pictures listed that are dying to leave my room and land in your hands with the help of the U.S. Postal Service.  So keep an eye out.  If you're in the USA, China, Chile, Norway, Australia, or whatever, it doesn't matter.  If you are on planet Earth, I will get a postcard to you if you want one!

    And if you don't have a blogspot account to follow this blog, you can subscribe through your e-mail!  The box to do so is on the right hand side.  Don't be shy now, subscribe, comment, inquire, suggest, criticize, request, etc.



-Matt

4 comments:

  1. Deborrah Harry - Rush RushMay 3, 2011 at 11:48 PM

    Red Zinnia is sure to win. Why do I think so? Just Cause

    ReplyDelete
  2. From far away the 2 old men picture looked like a murder investigation picture. The red things were the blood, or so my mind told me.

    I have too much imagination and you have too much time to kill.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am gonna take a long shot and say that Zinnia is going to smother itself in sprouts and fall behind. The marigolds will rise to victory for their modest amount of sprouts. This race is breathtakingly spellbinding!!!

    Maybe those guys are trying to get sky coverage of the battle?

    ReplyDelete