Sunday, May 15, 2011

Forty-One Degrees Fahrenheit? Five Degrees Celsius? Plus Five?

    Here in Metro-Detroit, it's 41° F.  Why?  A day ago it was in the eighties.  Michigan is a strange place, the weather here confuses me.  I like it though, it doesn't seem as though it can make up its mind now or any time in the near future.  Obviously nobody knows it and it does what it wants.
    What's going on today?  Well, my plants are killing it.  They're growing awesomely underneath this really sweet 4" plant light that I bought the other day.  I have so many things growing in this big seed starter tray that I got from Meijer's for liek $2.  In the tray right now there are Marigolds, Zinnias (the Just Cause krew), Heavenly Blue Morning Glory's, Moonflowers (interplanetary shit), Sun Flowers, Nasturtiums, Basil, Dill, and Parsley.  I'm pretty excited about my Basil Boyz, they look so . . . meaty, and they're just babies right now.  Check them out:


The Holy Basil Boyz, related to The Beaver Boys, fueled by white wine and shrimp.



    Life lately has been relatively boring, mainly due to the lack of skrilla being acquired to blow to fund things such as going places, buying things, and doing stuff which is mainly due to lack of work which is totally due to the boat that I work on not going on many cruises yet which prevents me from working which causes this whole shit cyclone cycle of nothing.  That will all come to a close soon and I'll be complaining about working too much.  I suppose I'm doomed to never be satisfied with life, maybe I should just go eat worms or die.
    On a more pleasant note, away from the topic of dying and eating worms and dissatisfaction with life, I made a pretty sweet little package for my super cool friend Dale Mackey (click the name for her equally super cool blog) down South in ole Knoxville, Tennessee.  I thought it turned out pretty good:

Presents!  On the way to Knoxville in the morning. 
    Ok this sucks, Starbucks is closing so it's time for me to cut it short and leave.  Typos and all of that will have to be corrected later, but who cares.  I'm posting this, the internet at my house is practically non-existent.


-Matt

2 comments:

  1. I would say that it was about that cold this morning here in Kentucky. We are completely Saturated in a mist for the moment and hope to see it clear up this afternoon.

    I am sure that the Motor City will turn it's gears for warmth soon. You like the grey anyways, right?

    Great job on raising those little sprouts buddy, are you gonna take them outside or are you gonna keep them in the house as company their whole lives?

    Love,
    Brother Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy, I'm so used to people telling me about Kentucky being 3000 degree's and full of bright sun shiny days, to think it isn't roam the forest naked weather there is kinda strange to me right now. It was awesome here the past week or so, but out of nowhere it has gotten really cold and rainy. But yeah, I'm into this weather, I'm into all weather.

    Thanks! I think I'm gonna keep them in here with me to keep them alive, bug free, and growing perfectly. I'm lonely here, so they'll keep me company, and they'll keep me healthy, wealthy, and wise. Probably just healthy.

    ReplyDelete