Monday, May 23, 2011

New friends are good, cool, fun, rad. Ride bikes.

Click the picture for a bigger/better version.
    I'm beginning to be thankful for the people I've tried to lure out to ride bikes with me that have shut me down, backed out, or ignored the offer.  Without all of you baby weaklings that are scared of the world outside of the safety of your home and cradle of your mother's arms, I wouldn't have prowled the mean streets of the Motor City by my lonesome and met all kinds of random super cool people that owned the streets with me, setting fire to the ground that our tires touched.
    It was an interesting day.  Started off with Kristina, she's on the left.  We killed the streets for a few hours, ate some Thai food, then we ran into this guy on the right, Jacob.  He's cool too.  We rode bikes forever, randomly went geocaching, succeeded, left notes, signed logs, took presents, left presents, continued!  We went to his place, the 21st floor of the Millender Tower in downtown where the above picture was taken.  From this balcony, we screamed at a guy below complimenting his cool bike.  Across 21 stories of screams via strained and stressed vocal chords, we arranged to meet up at the building entrance in 10 minutes.  He joined the posse.  NEW FRIEND ACQUIRED! 
 

Four people, one day, all strangers, now friends.  We rolled around until sunset and life was good.  


    I hope that the next time I try to snag some people to come out with me that they oblige and we all have a really awesome time and loathe the moment that we all have to call it a night. Detroit is winning me over more and more each day. Things are great.
    I've been working doubles everyday the past three days, I'm exhausted physically and mentally and I desperately need sleep.  I think I'll indulge in some of that right . . . . . . . . . now.


-Matt

1 comment:

  1. You love D-Town, do you really realize what you're saying?!

    You've always loved D-Town . . .

    ReplyDelete