Monday, April 18, 2011

Today was snow, a little bit anyways.

The beginning of today was a little bit of snow, that didn't last long, but the gloom did.  Mother Nature has successfully entered menopause or is currently having a mid-life crisis.  85F to 40F to 20 something F in a matter of about a week. 

This is outside of my window at 6 something AM after I called HarmoniCARLY a liar on her blog for saying that it was snowing.  It wasn't at the time, but that quickly changed and I felt like a dumb ass, but a happy one. I like snow.
This was yesterday, before Jackie McFrosterson busted in and say aye yo what up.

I'm on my weird work sleep schedule where I wake up at 12PM or so and go to sleep somewhere around 6 or 7 AM.  I have to keep it up, which shouldn't be a problem.  This Friday and Saturday the boat is setting sail with a Southern direction.  That massive boat is cruising down to Toledo, Ohio.  Unfortunately, everyone has to work it, which means that we have two choices:  Drive there ourselves, or take a shuttle bus there.  I think I'm gonna take the shuttle route, seeing as gas is four fucking dollars a gallon.  Seriously, it made me mad to write that.  I spend more money on gas than anything else.  It's taking nearly $60 to approach a full tank on my Chevy Cavalier.  That's disgusting.

There should be a gas card the equivalent of an EBT card, or a "Bridge Card," as they call it here in Michigan (FOOD STAMPS).  Tax dollars shouldn't have to be applied to use this gas card either, it should just be straight up free gas, use it as ya please.

So I applied to Starbucks on Thursday or something like that.  This was before I was summoned back to slave on the love boat.  Anyways, I thought I for sure wasn't going to get the position at Starbucks considering I applied for a super-ultra-mega-temporary position since I knew I'd have to go back to the boat eventually.  I go in there today and this shift manager or something starts talking to me.  The shift manager I know decently, he's a cool guy, really nice.  Anyways, he apparently talked to the manager and landed me the position (I applied for the job while drinking some tea here and talking to the guy about working at coffee shops which I've done for years) and I just had to get up with the manager.  Unfortunately, I had to shoot 'em down since I'm now back to work.  I really wanted to work at Starbucks, I like this place.  I say this because I'm sitting in Starbucks right now as I write this.  Oh well, maybe next layoff season . . .

Alright, it's time for a cheese danish and to get outta here.  I'm splittin' for the city, Detroit City.





-Matt

1 comment:

  1. You forgot "rock". It's Detroit "Rock" City!

    ReplyDelete