Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fallen pictures are now pending postcards!

As some of you may know, my wall is covered with prints of a few hundred pictures that I've taken over the past five or six months.  Unfortunately, I only fastened them with double sided scotch tape (anything more would have been WAY too expensive, plus I'm cheap) and they're now slowly starting to trickle off of my wall one by one.

Instead of fighting with these things and trying to convince them to stay on my wall, I'm going to listen to them and sympathize with their cries to be free.  I'm going to transform them into postcards and send them sailing across the world!  I'm going to go ahead and assume this will be a recurring thing on this blog as new pictures fall from the wall and blossom into postcards.

At the moment, I'm working with two contenders, these are those:

Mikie and Courtney at their 2nd baby shower accepting gifts of baby love.


Sir Randall Manley of San Francisco California, the founder of the Make It Real Foundation kicking back and taking it easy on a bus in India.
So yeah, these are the only two that have fallen off for the time being, and they can be YOURS!  But instead of doing things as I usually do, like saying the first people to reply gets one, I'll make it a little more interesting.  I'm thinking trivia, but then again trivia isn't shit when you're on the internet.  I know you all know how to use google, so that would be too easy.

I think I'll keep the first stab at this pretty simple, but different.  So, to get one of these beauties (you get to call the one you want, so specify!) you have to comment and tell me your first memory.  You don't have to have an account or anything to comment!  Also, if you feel like it, give me someone elses address and the return address that you'd like to appear on it for a nice surprise or a little informed hello present.

So in case you aren't that cool and are not reading the entire entry, just skipping around and stuff, maybe this bold text will grab your attention:  FOR YOU SKIMMERS:  TO GET A POST CARD, YOU HAVE TO COMMENT AND FIRST PICK THE ONE YOU WANT.  THEN, YOU HAVE TO TELL ME YOUR FIRST MEMORY.  There we go, I hope that works.

Once I get replies, I'll post my e-mail address so you can send me your mailing address.  Once we get that out of the way, your card will be on its way the coming morning.

I like mailing things.  I like post cards.

So come on now, let's hear it!


-Matt

8 comments:

  1. i refuse to fall off of your wall. the day i do, will be a sad sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no worries! What comes down, must go back up. New universal law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my first memory is playing with a speak and say toy in my crib, while my brother drew on my bedroom wall with markers. my mom said its pretty amazing that i remember that, seeing as i was 1bout 18 months old. my first, real memory, that i remember participating in, is sitting on my bike with the training wheels, pretending to ride and scooting down the street in the summer time.

    this is chelsea george, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, yo, Chelsea! Thanks for actually sharin'! My first memory is from when I was really, really young too. I'm not sure what age range I was in, but I was in a crib bed and I remember hearing Hall & Oates - Man Eater on the radio and liking what I heard. It was strange haha. Either that memory, or having a dream about a Campbell's Soup can that was chasing me and my brother and sister onto a massive pile of mattresses in my moms room.

    Which picture would you like?

    E-Mail me your address at mattimeoo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna be postcard budds? As my other penpals have left me, and my mailbox is quite empty I'm looking for a new someone to share oldschool mail with.

    Funfunfun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitt: Definitely. I love things like this. I'm down, lets get the ball rolling.

    Would you like to share your first memory?! I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete