Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain, triple bag cups of spiced tea, and a swollen throat.

Lil' sweetie pies being bow ties lookin' into each others eyes, just look at these guys! Cool rhymes, bro. 

Above: Katie on the left, Adam on the right.

    Today I'm feeling a little bit under the weather, and the weather is pretty damn low today.  Overcast and crying.  Rain, rain, rain.  It's sticky.  I'm sitting here with a throat that's swollen together trying to gulp down some strong hot spiced tea thinking about what's next.  I took some pictures on the 20th and had intended on making a blog entry that day, but for some reason I passed it up.  I suppose I'll play catch up now.

    So on April 20th, I was supposed to go to Detroit to Saint Andrew's Hall to shoot/interview a very well known band called "TV On The Radio," with my friend Sarah Raymore who is working with Motor City Blog.  Luckily, I "won," some free tickets to this show thanks to Sarah, but unfortunately, due to some pretty uncommon circumstances, I was unable to use those tickets.  When I say uncommon circumstances, I mean something along the lines of oh, you know, the bassist dying that morning.

!!!NEWSFLASH!!!
     Yeah, strange and sad 'eh?  We almost had this guy's last show and interview documented if the universe had just waited a few hours to kill him off.  It could have gotten us a sliver of recognition possibly, and maybe some cash dollars.  Still, would have been better had he not died, but if he just HAD to die, then I wish it would have waited for the next day.  I heard that he had lung cancer, brutal.  What I don't understand is the absolutely sudden death.  I was always under the impression that cancer kills you over time, not immediately like a heart attack or brain aneurysm or something like that.  Oh well, the world will never know.  Nonetheless, sad news.  I have two tickets to what would have been the bassist of TV On The Radio's last show of all time.  The concert was for the day he died.  I'm giving one of them away, so if you want one, reply and let me know and I'll pop it into an envelope and get it to you.  Doesn't matter where you are in the world, you can have it.  I'm totally unfamiliar with this band, so I don't really care too awful much to let it go.  My loss, your gain.

Tickets for what would have been the bassist for TV On The Radio's last show of his life. Want one? Reply and say so.
     Needless to say, those plans were canceled.  Instead of having an eventful day, I ended up roaming around a bit with my pops, Patrick Kelly.  He's a single man with a sweet house and an awesome job.  Full of love and charm, looking for a lovely lady to steal his heart and give him babies.  So if you're on the prowl and you lack a penis, click his name above, add him on Facebook, and let the macking ensue.  Anyways, we went to Home Depot, here's two observations that I made while we were there.

This was a post in Home Depot.  One of those plastic coated ones that keep you from getting to certain things that you aren't supposed to mess with or be near.  I liked that face, the lack of teeth reminded me of Kentucky and this next picture..
If you're cooking up meth in a trailer somewhere, at least take a little precaution and wear one of these.  Why don't all meth addicts use one of these?  They look sweet and could possibly ensure that you live long enough to stay up a few more weeks doing more meth.  May also prevent scanning from other dimensional meth-wavers according to Jimmy Tango.
    And in closing, I'll leave you with a tip that a friend of mine had to learn the hard way.  The tip I'm speaking of is as follows:  Don't pick up women from bars in Detroit while you're drunk and take them home with you, otherwise you will get hounded for kisses, your genitals, loving, a place to stay, quarter ounces of weed, and miscellaneous pills.  

Proof of tip concept above.
    Thanks to everyone who's subscribing, commenting, sharing the blog, and keeping up!  It makes this worthwhile and so much more fun.

NEW PICTURES ARE ABOUT TO FALL OFF OF MY WALL SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THOSE BEING SENT SAILING ACROSS THE GLOBE.  These are way sweeter than the first round, so get excited.


-Matt 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you're lame. Anywows, you should write about what you think about vegetarianism or veganism! I'm curious!

    Also keep sending me pictures.

    ReplyDelete