Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Best Friends For Fucking LiFE! MLB 4-2-10"

"Best Friend For Fucking LiFE! MLB 4-2-10" to the left side (which would technically be the bottom) by Mikie Burke.  "C.A.W. MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE!" by Courtney Worley to the right.


This is lying against my wall with coat hangers propped up against it, just behind where I usually sit to use my computer next to a small pile of records.  I couldn't help but notice it sitting there today while I was home alone, stirring around for something to do.  It made my brain pull a minute long time warp and forced me to reminisce.  Most of you are sure to be asking yourselves:

"Uhh, what is this?"  

Well, it's the side of the case to my desktop computer, and that's the inside of it.  Back on April 2nd 2010, I lived in Whitesburg Kentucky, in Apartment #1 on 77 East Main Street above a wellness center and across the street from drug court, city hall, Matt & Amber Carter, the current practice space, and a psychiatrist.  I shared this place with Mikie Burke and Courtney Worley.  They've moved up, moved on, and had themselves a little baby now, this was around the time they found out that Courtney was pregnant or actually CREATED lil' Windy Lee Worley-Burke, maybe a month or two before, but it was in that time frame. 

Anyways, I was working on a computer (this computer) that I had gotten a couple months earlier when I had to move out of my dorms at EKU.  I got this computer in exchange for a personal debt and it was a really awesome deal, just needed a little work.  Well, I never got around to fixing this computer.  The one solitary time I had began to work on it, Mikie and Courtney made an appearance in my room for a hang out session which was always a rad time.  Work was interrupted, graffiti on my belongings and good times ensued.  The details will be left out, but I'll just say we didn't do anything sexual to each other since it kinda sounds like it when I put it that way.  I do love them both dearly, and if I absolutely had to (critical thinking scenario), although it would be like doing my brothers and sisters, I would do them.  That's some serious love, you know. I miss them.  I want to meet their baby. 

This is her, Windy Lee Worley-Burke and her future dragon that she will ride through the night sky and across the moon, Stormy the meow-meow.  I like to make it a habit to only post pictures on here that I've taken personally, so if I post a picture that isn't rightfully mine, then I'll specify.  This is one of those situations, I didn't take this picture, sadly.  I like it a lot.

I love headphones.


-Matt

3 comments:

  1. Matt, I love you and this post so much. I miss it when we all lived together in whitesburg, those were awesome times. You do need to come meet your niece soon before she grows all up on us. OR maybe we could come see you, which ever it may be, you two have to meet.
    By the way, Stormy loves her sister, every time she cried stormy would come up and check her out. You should see them two together its pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you so much, you are by far my best fucking friend and I wish you still lived in this area, but I understand that you moved to Detroit to train to play for the redwings, I hope we or you get to visit soon it is a long overdue hangout. also I would really enjoy if you got another copy of unreal tournament so we could play as mutants online together and murder people. Love Muku Burkel

    Good look with training the wings to learn the flying V

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comments! How cute.

    To Courtney and Mikie; Cute baby! You both did a good job. Haha.

    ReplyDelete