Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blogspot Post #1.

Hello. 

My name is Matt.  If I could, I'd be everywhere all at once.  If I can, I'll be your friend.  This is me:



I've kept an online journal since around 2000 or 2001.  I've used LiveJournal from then until now.  I've decided to abandon that journal and just let it be what it is:  The Past.  I decided to take on a BlogSpot so I can freely post what I'd like to post and actually have it visible to the world, not only "journal entries," but actual content as well.  My old journal, it's very private and it's practically 100% chock full of angst and inner turmoil, which I'm sure this blog will have a slight tinge of itself.

Now that, that little introduction is over with and we're on our way, lets talk about to.  Today, I bought a new pair of shoes.  These shoes, to be exact:


I needed a new pair of shoes, that's for sure.

It's 3:36 AM, I'm not entirely sure why I'm awake, but I suppose I do.  I have to work tomorrow, and work requires me to be awake until at least around 6 AM.  I work on a cruise boat that goes up and down the Detroit River, slopping out drinks to every drunk the city can muster up.  The best drinks, might I add.  In case you couldn't interpret that fancy sentence I wrote, I'm a bar tender.  I usually arrive on deck at around 9:30 PM and work constantly (no lunch, no break, thank you bullshit union that I pay that does absolutely nothing for me) until around 4 or 5 AM.  At that point, I walk the streets of downtown Detroit to the Cobo Parking Garage where I paid $5 just to park when I arrived.  Once I make it to my car, I have to drive home which is a good 30 minute journey to the South.  Once I get home, it's wind down time.  I mean, who wants to bust their ass forever at work with no breaks and then just go to sleep as soon as they get home?  Well, probably almost everyone that endures that kinda work.  But me being me, I can't stand doing that.  I have to kill time and crave sleep like no other.  I usually end up caving at around 6 or 7 AM and waking back up somewhere between 10 AM and 1 PM.

So yeah, I have that to look forward to tomorrow.

Goal tonight:  Stay up until at least 5 AM to mutilate my sleep schedule just a tiiiiiny bit more, just tweaked enough to function properly at work tomorrow.

Enough writing.  I'm going to resume sitting in my underwear and listening to The Radio Dept.

It's nice to meet you.


-Matt

This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program policies and Terms and Conditions: ca-pub-1937061135094974

No comments:

Post a Comment